How do I get Maitreya, SLink, etc Model (for creating)

mariana Mapochi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have heard about needing to purchase Mesh avatars such as Maitreya, Omega, TMP, SLink model to actually create mesh clothing for them. I'm wondering how is this possible? I am experienced in creating clothing and have been working as a designer since 2010 in other virtual worlds, but SL system confuses me beyond my comprehension. As far as I know, to puchase a Maitreya, etc model I need to be selected, my shop, to be exact, and that doesn't really give a lot of chances, as I know. So what can I do? I'm not interested in creating a drawn on tops or bottoms, I'm specifically interested in clothing for mesh bodies. Help T_T 

2 answers to this question

For Maitretya, you need to fill out the form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2YtUW5Vp4nYjIpw5iXmAkkfMNmIeA6gJmM1uJAUJFSUjwwg/viewform?c=0&w=1

Other mesh body creators no doubt have a similar process.

You don't have to be "selected", exactly.  It's not a competition, and mesh body creators naturally want as many good designers as possible making clothing for their mesh bodies!  But you do have to apply to them to get a developer's kit.

Even if you want to make rigged and/or fitted mesh, you'll want to get the tools to create texture appliers as well.  There are times when a texture layer is the better design choice.

• Like 2

In addition to Lindal's answer...

It is a good idea to have the mesh bodies you are creating for to test your clothing that you do create to make sure it fits correctly without clipping.  You can go to the various creators shops and purchase the body, which you may need to model the clothing of marketing anyway, or if you don't plan on that, at least getting the demo's which you can use for testing purposes.  If you do make appliers then I am not sure that demos respond to them.  So in that case you may need to purchase your own bodies or give the appliers to friends who use those bodies to put them on to see if the clothing looks the way you intend it to.  But you can also check with the creators to see if demos will work for this purpose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.