I have several gongs and cannot hear them but I hear the bird sounds

Lousan DeSantis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

This could be related to the weekly regions restarts that occur every Tuesday. If you are the owner of the sim (or if it is mainland), file a support case and ask LL for a restart.

If you rent from a landlord, contact him and have him get the sim restarted.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

(Problem: land and region > Region performances issues)

This is a new bug, described here >>> Sounds aren't played at first attempt.  Since mid-March, sounds simply aren't played the first time you click on them. Scripters have always had to preload sounds to have them heard the first time they are triggered, but now preloading doesn't seem to work in many cases.  There are ways to beat the bug -- I have done it by using a collision sensor to trigger sounds at zero volume whenever a new visitor enters the area -- but it's a real nuisance.  Most devices that rely on simple preloading aren't working right, and devices like yours that work by continuous looping aren't working at all, because they are never being re-triggered.  I suspect that Linden Lab will find a fix in an upcoming server update, but it may be a while.

ETA:  If you have a copy/mod version of a gong that loops a sound continuously and if you have the sound file that it plays, you might try using a script like this one in a copy, to see if it works for you....

string gSound;list gAvs;default{    state_entry()    {        gSound = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_SOUND,0);        llSensorRepeat("","",AGENT,10.0,PI,30.0);    }        changed (integer change)    {        if (change & CHANGED_INVENTORY)        {            llResetScript();        }    }    sensor(integer num)    {        if (!~llListFindList(gAvs,[llDetectedKey(0)]))        {            gAvs += [llDetectedKey(0)];            llStopSound();            llLoopSound(gSound,1.0);        }    }        no_sensor()    {        gAvs = [];    }       }

It uses a slow repeat sensor to detect when a new avatar comes within 10m, which adds a small amount of load to the sim's servers.  Because it only fires once every 30 seconds, though, the addition to lag is very minimal.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.