Why is my avatar a cloud?

Ty Bekkers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar is a cloud how can i fix this? I need serious help KUDO. i BELIEVE when the new version came out a day or so ago it made my cloud happen. In my preferences I tis checked to aotomatically install. I di=on't know what happened agter that. I uninstalled sl then reinstalled it and that didn't work. know I have about 4 run and save programs, Don't know what to do

1 answer to this question

Everyone's avatar is a cloud, at least for a few seconds during login.  That's the default shape of your av.  If it doesn't clear up in a few seconds, it's either because you're not fully logged in or (more commonly) because the final rendering of your real shape got stuck.  Here's the normal way to deal with it >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

Note that if this is a chronic problem for you, then it really is a connection issue.  SL demands a very stable, reliable connection.  That has nothing to do with bandwidth.  It's about not losing packets of data or having bottlenecks in the Internet pathway between your viewer and the servers.  If that's a recurring issue, come back here and we'll help you deal with it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.