Taking panorama snapshots for skybox environment

Lynn Shiu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I would like to take my own pictures of an inworld place, and make a skybox out of those pictures. I'm not good at explaining this, but this is what I want using my own snapshots: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Strato-Cube-6-Megapixel-360x180-Panorama-Viewer-20M-to-1024M/5605458

So basically, the creator uses six cube faces to create a panorama. I found a tutorial on how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jq7iToyKM

... but the options that are being used here don't seem to be available in my viewer. Downloading the viewer that was used in the tutorial didn't seem to solve the problem either, so I hope someone is willing to help me out! It would be much appreciated :) 

Just wanted to mention that some sims do not allow folks to take photos for commercial use -- just in case that was your aim. So be sure an read the info in the land tab if you plan to sell (or sometimes even give away) anything you make with photos taken on those sims. There was a big deal about this a few years ago and there is a machinima and photo policy (part of the terms of service) that you might want to reread.

If it is just for your use, then I suspect you should be fine.

Good luck.   I have made surrounds inworld just by taking several photos and then editing them in graphics software. No tricks but it takes awhile to get the photos correctly aligned for sure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.