What does error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) mean ?

DaisyDewdrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been in SL for over one year now and each time I try and get onto the SL website or even marketplace I get this odd message on my screen. ( error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error)  Now I have decided to end my time in SL but I cant even cancel my account as have never been able to log on . Acually being in SL has been no problem  its just been acess to the website. Even to write this message I am on my other avatar.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Well, the good news is that you don't have to cancel your account.  In fact, it would be smart not to.  When you change you mind and decide to come back -- a lot of people do that -- you will find your avatar and all her inventory waiting for you.  If you actually cancel the account, though, you'll have to pay a $9.95 fee to get your av back and there's no guarantee that your inventory will still be around.  It's smarter to just walk away.

Now, a 500 Internal Server Error usually means that there's something wrong with the server you are trying to connect to.  That's not the case fort you, though, because thousands of other people have been able to connect to the same server every day for the entire year that you have not been able to, and you are doing it now yourself.  So, whatever is wrong, is at your end.  Some things to try:

1. Reload the web page. You can do that by clicking the refresh/reload button, pressing F5, or trying the URL again from the address bar.

2. Clear your browser's cache. If there's a problem with the cached version of the page you're viewing, it could be causing HTTP 500 issues.

3. Delete your browser's cookies. Some 500 Internal Server Error issues can be corrected by deleting the cookies associated with the site you're getting the error on. After removing the cookie(s), restart the browser and try again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.