I believe my account has been compromised.... HELP NEEDED!

RaisedInChaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using an alternative account to file this report. My original account is Phoenixsnowstorm &I have been here for the past 10 month until i was partnered with someone & Drama started so I unpartnered them. Now my account, Password and email has been changed and hacked into. I can not log into my email account to receive anything from Second Life. This morning after trying several times to log into my account, It says my password is incorrect. I know what my password was and and it was spelt. I made this account this Morning, To check out my Original account, and the person i unpartnered, is now repartnered back to my account. I think they may have hacked my account or had someone else (a friend) do it for them. This concerns me because i have spent over 300-400 usd on my avatar and im not about to make a new account and start all over again. I am very unhappy about this situation! I was also had enough to sign up and was working towards my premium account, But now I cant do that! I need professional help on this issue. I do not know if all my items on my account are still there or if they deleted or took my Lindens. So... PLEASE help!

1 answer to this question

Follow the steps listed here IMMEDIATELY. (The link is straight to the Knowledge Base on what to do if your account has been compromised. In case you don't want to follow it - can't be too careful - it just says to go to the help page and submit a support ticket.)

If you had the account connected to a bank account or credit card, you may wish to keep an eye on your account statements or give a quick call to the relevant support number for the account or card that was connected. 

Once you've submitted the report, the account should be temporarily frozen for investigation. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.