I am trying to cancel my account but it isnt letting me what do i do

JoLynn05

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to cancel my account and I go to my dashboard and then cancel my account but it doesnt cancel it what do i do. I am just a basic user i have viewer 2 if that means anything and im not going to regret canceling it

2 answers to this question

What Internet viewer do you use? What message do you get?  The account doesn't dissapear at once. If you expect that it "puffs" as soon as you cancel it it will not.

Think twice before you cancel it. You can keep account for free. If you don't want to have Premium any more you can downgrade your account. If you don't want to be visible for others you can hide the avatar's name from search.

You can edit your post in 'Options'---> Edit and add some more information. 

• Like 1

Hello JoLynn. You don't a specific process to cancel your account. Dashboard --> Account --> Cancel Account. Maybe try a different browser. As already mentioned it is not suggested to delete it because it is possible to regret about it in the future. If you are a premium member and you want to cancel your account, is better to leave it active with a basic membership, which costs nothing to maintain. If at some point in the future you should choose to revisit Second Life, your avatar and your inventory will be here waiting for you.

You can always update or discontinue your membership plan by going to the Cancel Account page after logging in with your Second Life username and password. This link is also accessible through the Account section on the left of your Dashboard.

Once logged in, find the Cancel Account button at the bottom of the page. Your account will remain open until your billing review date, as account maintenance fees are paid in advance.  If you want to keep your name for possible future use but don't want to pay the US$9.95 reactivation fee, simply downgrade to a basic account.

If you cancel your account from premium, you may still be charged for your current month's land holdings.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.