Having trouble reactivating an old account.

Vhee0829

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sent a request and did not get a confirmation email. I sent a second and did get a confirmation email. Then they emailed me and said nope, we will only talk to you on the first case, use that email to talk to us. I NEVER GOT THE EMAIL! And i can't login to see my case status. What do i do?

I also cannot login with the account in question. Tells me i am on hold and i should open a case. So i cannot look up Cases or Case Histories.

3 answers to this question

The system probably got confused when you opened a second case instead of simply amending your original case.  Assuming that you have checked the spam filter in your e-mail and really can't find their message, you should probably re-open the original case you filed.  You'll find it listed at https://support.secondlife.com/history/.  Click on the case number and then scroll down to add a comment and, finally, click the orange Re-Open Case button.  Explain the full situation in your note, and perhaps offer an alternative e-mail address if you think the original one is a problem.

Hello Rolig, I am taking a chance with you, a friend of mine, sim owners and lovely person has been banned from sl without reason. I wish to pleas on his behalf is that at all possible and if so how do I reach the right people at LL? He is important to so many people and has been in SL for 9 years. I am sending my plea and hope it reaches the right ears. Thank you in anticipation xxx

Dear Linden Labs

from Talliskatre

I have no idea if my plea will make any difference to you decision but I refer to my Second Life and Real Life friend avatar named Weston Lane. He has been supportive and helpful to so many in real and Second Life, a genuine person which is rare in any life!

I know that you must have reasons for your decision but I, along with hundreds of other avatars, people find it difficult to understand.

In every life we can make enemies some are unaccountable and others would always try and create harm, this man does not deserve any enmity from anyone, he upholds the principles of Second Life to the letter.

Please take note of my comments and re instate his avatar, we miss him!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind consideration.

Talli

I am a SL resident like you, so I have no more influence on what happens with Governance decisions than you do. I also have no way of forwarding a message like this. Beyond that, all I can tell you is that Linden Lab does not ban people lightly, especially long-term residents. They would much prefer to have people stay here unless they have done something particularly bad. They have ways of gathering and verifying information that I can only guess at, but I would be very surprised if personal character references count for much. Your friend should have received an e-mail that includes information about filing an appeal. That's the way he should proceed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.