Automatic Replacement for Existing Listings Via DD?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many apologies if this has already been answered somewhere - I had a look through other topics and DD info but couldn't find an answer. (Granted, I was skimming.. lol)

If we just take boxed items out of the magic box and put them directly into the merchant dropbox without changing the name of the object or anything, will it automatically be matched to the original listing, or do we have to create a new one?

Also... do we lose all the reviews of items in that case? Since the transfer from xstreets, fewer people bother to review, so it'd be nice to keep those that are there!

Thanks, Swith ;)

Howdy, Cyneswith! 

Yes.  If you just drag the contents of the magic box (open it and copy to your inventory first) and don't change the names, they will automatically be associated with the correct listings!  Keep in mind though that your unassociated items folder (which is where the old items will go once the association is complete) can only hold 100 items.  So do a few at a time and bulk delete them as you go.

No, you will NOT lose your reviews.  The associated item is being replaced and that's all. :)

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Howdy, Cyneswith! 

Yes.  If you just drag the contents of the magic box (open it and copy to your inventory first) and don't change the names, they will automatically be associated with the correct listings!  Keep in mind though that your unassociated items folder (which is where the old items will go once the association is complete) can only hold 100 items.  So do a few at a time and bulk delete them as you go.

No, you will NOT lose your reviews.  The associated item is being replaced and that's all.
:)

This is not exactly correct Marcus. The "100 item limit" only applies to items that are marked as type "Direct". You can put 50,000 items marked Magic Box in the Unassociated and it doesn't matter; it only counts Direct Items toward the 100 item limit.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Howdy, Cyneswith! 

No, you will NOT lose your reviews.  The associated item is being replaced and that's all.
:)

This is not exactly correct Marcus.
The "100 item limit" only applies to items that are marked as type "Direct".
You can put 50,000 items marked Magic Box in the Unassociated and it doesn't matter; it only counts Direct Items toward the 100 item limit.

(emphasis mine)

Howdy, Darrius!  Yes, I know.  I just neglected to add that piece of information into this response.  I added it into another of its kind.  I dunno why I failed to mention it in this thread.  Scatterbrained I guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.