I can't initialize into Second Life. failure message: "This region may be experiencing prob"

rokki Dover

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, 

I'm having a problem loading into Second Life.  I uploaded and using Firestorm 4.0 for a couple weeks already.  

Lately I haven't been able to log on.  It takes a while to initialize then finally a message that says "View Chat, Quit"  and "This region may be experiencing trouble"  comes on.  

What do I do?  

rokki Dover

2 answers to this question

I am not an expert but I am very observant... there is alot of comflect between third party viewers and SL viewer... and I have actualy had that problem come up sever times after an update etc... what I do to solve the problem is:

UNINSTALL both SL viewer and any third party viewer...

then install SL VIEWER

then install your third party viewer... it seems to work for me...

I wish you luck

• Like 1

Often, that message is telling you that the region you are trying to enter is off line or is having trouble.  The way to check that possibility is to log in at a different sim.  Unfortunately, there are many other reasons why you might get the same message, all having to do with weak communication between your computer and SL's servers.  You can sometimes solve it by doing something as simple a getting off wireless -- often a bad choice in SL anyway -- or by rebooting your router.  Without more information, it's very hard to diagnose what's wrong in your case.  Take a look at these two articles in Nalates's blog to get an idea of the sorts of things you should be looking for .....

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/09/11/cant-login-second-life/

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.