AO won't go away...

KennaBear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having problems with my avatar.. Like no matter how many times I log out and reboot SL, even when I'm wearing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (and I mean NOTHING. No AO, no objects, nothing), my avatar keeps playing an AO that I've already deleted...

My friends have already told me to do a character test, and to select "stop animating me" but that does absolutely nothing... It still plays...  So I'm wondering if I could get any help from anyone who reads this thread?

Thanks,

- Kenna

Are you using a built-in viewer AO like Firestorm has? Maybe that's reason. Make sure you are not unkowingly using a built-in in viewer AO.

You might also try logging in with a different viewer and see if the problem persists.

In addition, make sure you clear cache when relogging.

Finally, trying wearing a different AO and see if that overpowers the previous AO.

At one point i was using an AO that came with the viewer (viewer 2 i guess)  and even though i've taken it off, it still plays.

My current AO overrides it a little, but not a whole lot... the walk and stand from the previous AO is still playing..

and I wouldn't even know how i would be able to "clear catche"...

KennaBear wrote:

At one point i was using an AO that came with the viewer (viewer 2 i guess)  and even though i've taken it off, it still plays.

My current AO overrides it a little, but not a whole lot... the walk and stand from the previous AO is still playing..

It sounds like you have two AO's operating. Even when you are are completely naked and hairless, the previous AO still operates? I've seen animations put in shoes before to create a sexy walk.

If nothing else works you may have to do a completely clean reinstall as you may have corrupt files.  Uninstall any viewer you have on your computer, then be sure every file connected to them is erased from your computer as just uninstalling it doesn't get everything.  You can keep any chat logs you have, but move them to a different directory.  Once your sure everything is erased re-install the viewer.  If you don't know where to find all the files let us know what viewer(s) you have and someone here can tell you.

One possibility is that the AO (or whatever it is that's animating you) is rezzed on the ground somewhere -- you inadvertantly dropped it rather than detached it, maybe.

If that's happened it's quite possible the item still retains permission to animate you.   I've done this to myself by accident loads of times working on stuff on my building platform.

One way to test for this is to TP to a different sim.   If you don't have this problem on a different sim, but it restarts when you return to the original one, then that would be my bet on the cause.

If that's the case, use the parcel or estate tools to try to locate the problematic object (I can't get in to test, but I think the parcel tools now let you locate and highlight scripted objects).

One thing is certain.   In order to animate you, something has to be rezzed in world, on the same sim as are you, and to contain a script that has permission to animate you.    There's an object somewhere rezzed near you that's causing the problems, I sure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.