How do I stop Windlight settings in a parcel?

Samuel Pheocene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Choosing environment settings for a region

If you are an estate manager of a region, you can choose the region's environment settings:

1. Choose World > Place Profile > Region/Estate.
  2. Click the Environment tab.

To use the default Second Life environment and day cycle, click Use Second Life default.

To use custom settings, click Use the following settings, then:

1. In the Water Settinglist, choose a water preset . This updates what you see, but the change is not yet permanent or visible to others.
    2. For Sky/Day Cycle, chose either:
      Fixed Sky, and choose a sky preset to be displayed regardless of the Second Life time.
      Day cycle, and choose a day cycle preset. This also updates what you see, but the change is not yet permanent or visible to others.
    3. Click Apply to make your selections permanent; they will then affect anyone in the region.

Click Cancel or close the window before clicking Apply to return the region environment to its previous settings.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Region-environment-settings/ta-p/999713#Choosing_environment_settings_for_a_region

• Like 1

Parcel Windlight (as opposed to Region Windlight) is a Firestorm/Phoenix feature (that is, it's only visible to people using those viewers.

I don't know a great deal about it, but, as I understand it, it's set in the parcel description field.  So I think if you go to About Land, find the Parcel Description on the General tab, and simply remove anything about Windlight, that should do the trick.

What you need to check iis if you have enabled the Windlight Settings Automatically on your SL viewer, on phoenix as well as Firestorm viewer.

Parcel Windlight sharing is a feature of SL Viewers that allows land owners to specify a Windlight preset for the viewer to use while on their land at the parcel level, it only works for those viewers with windlight settngs available.

In your case, look for the Windlight Settings within parcel details, About Land/Description box and find something like the windlight settings and change it or delete it. You can go to Menu World/ParcelDetails/AboutLand/GeneralTab/DescriptionBox.

Windlight settings will appear as the next line:

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]"*/

For setting a new Windlight preset as you wish please check the official guide for Phoenix viewer:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=parcelwl

Best regards...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.