Can't go to mature/adult sims but have been age verified

Veronica Crumb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been playing SL for years now. Logged in today and find that I can't go to my friends sim because I'm not "age verified". I've been hanging out at this sim for months now and have been to plenty of adult/mature sims before so why all of the sudden am I "too young"?

Edit: It seems to be one specific sim(the one owned by my friend) that wont allow me access, I've already visited mature and adult sims but for some reason her mature sim will not allow me to get in because it says i'm not age verified

2 answers to this question

A little hard to answer because Mature and Adult are two different maturity settings and you've kinda clumped them together in your question.  Start by checking your maturity settings in Preferences and make sure they are still set properly.  Wouldn't be the first time that a Preference setting mysteriously tweaks itself. :P

ETA:  Based on your edit, have your friend check to see if Allow access only to Residents who:  Have been age verified  has been selected (World - Region/Estate - Estate tab)   To be honest, I'm not sure that setting is valid anymore since Adult was added to the maturity settings.

--Cinn

A region can be set by its owner to only allow age verified residents, or only residents who have payment information on file, or both.

Unfortunately, sometimes a region that has these restrictions experiences a "false positive" and excludes someone that it should not.  Talk to the region owner.  If toggling the setting does not correct the problem, you should both file support tickets with Linden Lab.  Be sure to reference each other's ticket.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.