How to use lltextbox to show non-ASCII characters properly?

keks22 Admiral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I have following problem with function lltextbox.  When I enter non-ASCII characters (e.g. spanish, french, german) they are shown ok in text window, but when I click "submit" and try to display characters on any way, only basic ASCII characters show.Is there any solution to the problem?

Best Regards

Domen

2 answers to this question

I notice that nobody else has responded to your questiuon in the past few days.  Frankly, until now I forgot to check for myself to see what happens when I type high-bit ASCII characaters in a text box.  Here's a test script ...

default{    touch_start (integer num)    {        llListen(34,"","","");        llTextBox(llDetectedKey(0), " \n What is your message?",34);    }    listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)    {        llSay(0, msg);    }}

If I type a word with high-bit characters in it ( like "sjömän" ) and click "Submit", it shows up just fine in chat.  It also works if I type "sjalt148malt132n"  (where I'm actually holding down the Alt key and typing 148 or 132, not typing "alt48" or "alt132").  I don't know why it's not working for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.