So what do you do when..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gadget Portal wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Anyone incapable of viewing mesh, either because they can't/won't update their viewer or their computer, shouldn't be given access to much of anything in SL.

SL is the only online system I know of that allows someone to refuse to update, but still lets them log in, and it's part of why we have so many problems.

If someone tells you they can't see your mesh outfit, tell them to update or GTFO.

It's why "we" have so many problems?

Like what?

Someone not updated on their viewer really doesn't cause me any problems that i can think of..

The OP getting booted from a club because the person running it can't see mesh doesn't sound like the OP's problem..

It sounds like the club owners problem and probably will turn into the reason why they will be one day wondering what happened to all their traffic lol

Problems like the one the op is talking about. Or builds that are giant, fullbright, glowing messes, or facelights that can illuminate half a sim. Etc. Issues about things looking entirely different from one person to the next.

We shouldn't have to tell people "Update your viewer to see this content correctly." It should be mandatory.

you seem to be mistaking features for problems..full bright,glow,lighting to prims and building how you want are tools and a freedom used often in many ways..

You've never seen those builds that are full bright, glowing, and have light on them maxed out, and the creator says it looks fine? And they think it because of their system?

You misunderstood me. Using those features is great. Maxing out those features on a build because your PC is junk and you can't see it should get your build permissions revoked.

ya but see ..that can happen with someone on a new viewer as well is what i am getting at..a lot of people don't run around with settings on ultra or high..

the ones that can't see mesh are a small minority of users right now..last they checked around 75% logging in are logging hours on mesh viewers..and those numbers are still going up..

not all of the 25% not seeing mesh are going to be unaware of how mesh would present itself to them..a lot of them may be on systems that can handle a mesh viewer..but may just like the viewer they are on..

there are a lot that don't want to update  because if it isn't broke don't fix it..a lot of people have upgraded and ran into a bad version release and said hell with that thing..when the next release may have had them humming along just fine..

there are lots of reasons besides a system being to old or just not wanting to update just because..

and there are lots of reasons for what some of us may look at as bad builds that are totally unrelated to viewer version and all about how long someone may have been building..

not all those bright light builds are from people on old viewers..if they are payng for land where their builds sit and someone comes along on a mesh viewer without a lick of land to their name saying..god you need your privy's taken away cause you build like crap..

thats kind of ass backwards of who has the priority if you ask me.. hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.