SL Payment Info

Seroquel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It says on my account that I need to update my Second Life payment information, however, this is simply incorrect! I already have my payments established and, I am wondering why I would need to change the information when I AM paying monthly. My debit card has no issues and, my account information is correct. There should be no need to update my information when my debit card always receives my income.

3 answers to this question

Actually, Linden Lab asked me to update my payment details in January. This is due to Linden Lab switching accounts  from the troublesome local payment beta program back to the former payments scheme. This switching back may indeed still be going on. A genuine email includes the following:

If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our Knowledge Base or reach out toll-free via phone to Linden Lab Support at 1-800-294-1067 (U.S./Canada) or long distance at (703) 286-6277.

Residents in the United Kingdom can reach out to our dedicated toll-free phone number for the United Kingdom: 0800.048.4646.

You should also have an option to view the email online and that opens a http://link.secondlife.com address with the Second Life logo. 

This is very likely a genuine email from Linden Lab but do call the phone numbers above to check and only alter your payment info by going direct to your Dashboard on the Linden Lab site. There is no need to provide any information in an email reply.

Edit: PS. If you are seeing this on your Dashboard and did not receive an email, it could be you missed the email or it went to a spam folder and Linden Lab are now adding a reminder on your Dashboard. I haven't heard of that happening but if you are being asked to update payment info, it's likely for the reason I stated above.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.