Various Issues with SL since thursday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since thursday I've been having various issues with SL, It started happening after I got logged out from a SIM restart.

• Issues with rezzing, continuesly getting a failed message when rezzing or attaching objects - regardless of which SIM I'm in. I always have to relog.
  • Relogging often gets me stuck in cloud mode, test character doesn't work. the only way I can see my avi again is by logging in on a 1.x viewer and back in a 2.x viewer.
  • Relogging often re-attaches stuff i previously detached.
  • Relogging often puts me back into a sim i was in hours ago - even after closing SL several times - as if it doesn't save where I was last.
  • Heads are too big on some avi's, sometimes I see them correctly - often I don't. Simply relogging doesn't help.
  • Everything rezzes slower than before.
  • Certain body parts not rebaking, eg: I put on a tattoo, everything rebaked correctly yet my face was stuck - it never changed until i relogged. Not on my screen nor on a friends screen.
  • Teleporting issues, and lots of them. Regardless of where I am, reducing script amount and memory usage does not help.

Can I do something to fix this? I tried installing latest viewer but it's not helping, sometimes everything goes really smooth and at some point I'm getting nothing but problems.

Edit: I often see floating attachments too, mostly hair just hovering above someones avi instead of being attached to it.

Relogging in switching the viewers may cause you more various issues . Textures , Inventory , and objects caches don t work in the same way in v1 and v2 .

But for the initial problems you had , i guess you have some network issues .

Are you in Wi-Fi ? Have you ckecked your packet loss in the summary at the bottom of your logfile ? ( or at the bottom of your hep/about menu)

For the head sizes , it s weird . Except something who would has changed your installtion directory ( as the files avatar*llm ) i have no other idea

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

That information will have the server version you are running and the viewer.

If you are in Magnum, the problems should have stopped as Magnum was rolled back Friday to the current main channel version.

Without info on your computer, viewer, and the server your regions are running on, there is little chance we can help you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.