I've been crashing after second/minutes of logging in and the textures aren't fully loading.

Amie Kaestner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've cleared the cache and re-installed SL but it still persists. The only reasons I can think of that might have suddenly brought this on would be something to do with the settings as I was mucking around with them a couple of days ago.

I'm a Windows 7 user if that helps any.

1 answer to this question

If you were messing around in your graphics settings in preferences try setting them back to the "recommended" that the viewer determined by the hardware installed in your computer.  That will probably set your graphics to a pretty low setting and then you can slowly, one setting at a time, adjust them back up to where you have what you want.  A few things that usually give people problems with textures rezzing slowly is anistrophic filtering enabled, anti-aliasing set too high (4x is usually pretty good), draw distance set too far (128 meters gives a draw distance of half a sim distance), shadows and depth of field enabled (you need a fairly strong graphics card for those to work even mediocre).  If you were playing with bandwidth try setting it back to 500 kbps (that's the default and it's actually a good setting for most computers..........if you know your computer, network and connection can handle more then setting it to about 80% of what your system can handle should give you a slight increase in performance (but usually not enough to worry about it.  If you set your bandwidth above what your system can handle you'll get packet loss which will give you more problems than having it set too low.

Your operating system shouldn't cause you any problems even if you did mess with those settings (well, you dug into some settings like overclocking your CPU or GPU without knowing what you were doing, you could really cause problems.....with more than just SL).  You may need to update your video driver but probably not so don't jump to that conclusion just yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.