owned by user?

Ember Neximus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recived a request for an animation and I accepted it by accident passing some group notices. when I clicked it in the world chat sounded *Resident now own you* and an animation started.

Now every time I go inworld that animations starts and I can't stop it. Is there anything I can do to mute the animation or to locate who did this?

I'm using Phoenix Viewer.

3 answers to this question

I haven't been around long but it sounds like you may have been hit with something like this. Maybe not this exact one, but the idea seems the same. Have you tried clearing your cache? I'm not even sure if that would work in this situation but it might help. Other than that I'd suggest reinstalling your browser. Make sure you remove any remaining files or folders before reinstalling it, though.

• Like 1

It is probably in something you are wearing.  And my guess is the LSLBridge that Phoenix uses.  Go to whereever it is to see what you are wearing and detach the bridge.  Then choose Stop Animations from the menu (where ever that is located in Phoenix)   If the animation stops and stays stopped then you know its in the LSL Bridge.  Go to the Phoenix menu and choose Disable LSL Bridge (or deselect Enable LSL Bridge)  Then go into your inventory and delete every copy of the LSL Bridge you have.  Don't worry about loosing it, because when you enable it in the Phoenix menu, it will recreate itself.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

--Cinn

• Like 1

Yes, you were hit with the object someone linked you to, or someone similar. You can choose "Avatar - Health - Stop animating my avatar," but whenever you get on the same sim with the person who started the animation, they can animate you again. I suggest, if you have any idea who sent you the request, you ask them to "release" you, meaning remove you from their HUD. If they refuse, you can report them for griefing. I don't know any way to find out exactly who it was, unfortunately.

Objects like this utilize a loophole in the system. When you're animated, the object keeps the animation permissions until those permissions are revoked. The owner of the HUD that animated you can now keep animating you, and restart the animation every time they're near you, until THEY revoke the permissions by removing you from their HUD. You can temporarily stop the animation using the suggestion I mentioned above, but they can restart it basically whenever they want. (We've discussed this quite a bit in the forums.)

The animation/object animating you cannot be muted. I suggest you be very careful when sorting notices in the future, so that this does not happen again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.