Usefull tool for second life in virtual marketing

Michael Krell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EDIT: (This is a repost from my original thread in the wrong topic section http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Usefull-tool-for-second-life-in-virtual-marketing/td-p/1403927 under second life server)

I have no idea where to post this >.> but I'm going to post this as an idea on the second life forums and possibly try for a jira if I get enough replies unless someone else wants to start it. I see alot of stores have their own blogger website or own website in general to advertise and contain updates on their latest products....

Heres a thought and it is just a thought so far, wouldnt it be convenient for second life sellers to have a widget avalable to be able to attach to their store id to show all or most recent products submited that way the users who view those bloggers and websites have direct access to the store?

I know a simple link will suffice, but having some visual presentation as to what your catalogue offers to embed in a website without having to log into anything, just point to the store ID so people won't be able to use it. Wouldn't that be useful in further marketing in the second life world?

EDIT: Note I am talking about the marketplace web catalogue type store.

I was thinking that security wouldn't be an issue since there wouldnt be a way to log into the second life website through the website, more like an RSS feed type deal as to recently submited products (EDIT: and full catalogue listing via the RSS feed method ) into the actual marketplace store. As for age verification, idk.. maybe each time they want to view an age related product via the RSS feed they would have to input their DOB (Date of Birth) to verify and connect temporarly to the age verified products otherwise list PG as its main primary for the widgit. EIther way, you wouldnt be able to log into second life, linden labs could keep their security concerns and this way ther could be some minimal contact to age verified products?

IDK just an idea lol I think it would come in handy for the people who make actual websites/blogs in regards to their products. A flash widgit even to make sure it would work either way. This way anyone who sees an attempt to login through another website would identify it easily as a pilsh attempt.

• 7 months later...

Hello to all you:

Sorry if i am writing this question in wrong place, but i have some trouble editing my items. I cant load any imagen from my computer. it is impossible to up load them. I did with much troubles just 2 times, but now is impossible...i read things like: access denied, that the page has errors or is encrypted. I was wondering if you had similar problems and how to overcome them.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Bimala

Bimala wrote:

I cant load any imagen from my computer. it is impossible to up load them. I did with much troubles just 2 times, but now is impossible...i read things like:
access denied,
that the page
has
errors or
is encrypted.

When do you get that error message? When you click on "Upload an image" button or "Click here to select an image to upload" button? Anyway some general fixes would be trying other browsers, clearing the cache of the browser, resetting internet connection and so on.

Thank you Rotar for your kind attention

The error arises when i start to load the pic, later on the requirements window appeared.  About the browsner, when i use Internet Explorer my access is denied. I read the market place web site has a mistake.

If i use Mozzila, it  simply start to load  indefinitely, without results. Sometimes, using mozzila, i read the page is as encrypted, but reading about it in some web site,  it's like a  security mechanism only. In conclusion: I can edit all the information of my items, but i cant  download any picture from my computer...

Is a big problem to me..any way, i will do mantras waiting some solve from the universe...lol

Thank you once again

Bimala wrote:

The error arises when i start to load the pic,
later on the requirements window appeared
.  About the browsner, when i use Internet Explorer my access is denied. I read the market place web site has a mistake.

If i use Mozzila, it  simply start to load  indefinitely, without results. Sometimes, using mozzila,
i read the page is as encrypted

A few screenshots of the error messages you get may help us understand your issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.