Continous disconects using rigged mesh

DreamCrawler Martin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks for the quick reply!

My specs:

AMD Athlon X2

Windows Vista 32 SP2

Nvidia Gforce GTS 8800

3GB RAM

Using Both Second Life client (most recent version) and Phoenix Firestorm 3.3.0.24882 (most recent vers as well)

Upload Mesh:

On upload options I Tick Include skin weight and Include joint positions, then I "Calculate Weights & fee"  and "upload". I dont click on anything else other than those options.

I havent build LOD yet, I just let second life client generate the rest of LODS. What I just do is export from 3DSMAX into DAE, then in SL.

High:    Triangles: 10937     Verts: 8310

Medium:  T: 3455      V: 2690

Low:     T: 1105,      V: 870

Lowest:   T: 397,     V: 340

Upload fee L$ 38, Land impact: 34.390, Download: 34.390, Physics 8.640

And the error I get is in the same way you get disconnected when a sim crashes: Screen goes grey, and small window to read chat or quit client. And only on crowded places, on sandboxes I wear the mesh flawlessly and everyone is able to see it.

Am I using too much Polys?

Oh, using different 5 textures in total, 512x512

Sin título-1.jpg

From what you say happens, I wouldn't necessarily think wearing rigged mesh was the problem. I'm not discounting issues with mesh, though, but this sounds to me more of a connection/network issue.

A few things to check is packet loss in the viewer and possibly lower it your max bandwidth setting, disable http textures to see if that makes a difference, and also check the quality of your internet connection by running the test at http://www.pingtest.net/ a few times.

That being said, I had a rez-failure issue with mesh yesterday, and a log-out while wearing mesh, but this happened just once.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.