May I make an abuse report to an avatar for offending my country's culture?

barbara Cheri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1) Yes. You don't need judge if yoy may or not. Fill the abuse and LL will judge.

2) Intolerance or Verbal Abuse or ... Explain the problem and copy the chat log.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065#Section_.1 ->

When to file an abuse report

Abuse occurs when someone violates the Second Life Terms of Service (ToS) or the Community Standards (CS). Every Resident agrees to abide by these rules upon joining Second Life. Some special areas, such as Infohubs, have additional restrictions called the Welcome Area Guidelines.

Whenever you see one of these rules being broken and you believe it to be intentional or malicious, everyone present at the scene should file an abuse report. If there are multiple incidents, file multiple reports.

File reports on any abuse you witness in addition to abuse that targets you personally. Not every Resident is aware of the abuse-reporting system or remembers to use it, so please help out your fellow Residents! Reports from multiple people underscore the seriousness of an incident.

• Like 2

Irene's answer is excellent.  However, in general I would not file an AR against someone for this.  It's much easier to just Block them.  Then they can't bother you with offensive IMs, chat, or notecards any longer.  Right click their avatar and select Block, or call up their profile and hit the Block button.

• Like 1

I am from a country where it's said we eat frogs and snails (which is true! :smileyvery-happy:) so I don't really bother being called a frog-eater. But if you feel offended or harrassed, yes, do what Irene told you. Report and LL will judge if there is matter to take action or not. Do not worry too much though and good appetite! :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.