Daz 3D help

74Theo74

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im very new to makeing poses and only just downloaded the above today....i am having problems with SL recognising my bvh file? Anybody tell me what im doing wrong?

im going to export, namingmyfile.bvh

When i go into SL it lets me click my file to upload but nothing happens(doesnt upload)

Thanx in advance

I've only used DAZ 3D for a very short time, and I no longer use it, but I doubt your problem is specific to it.

Be sure your skeleton (e.g. bone arrangement and names) matches what Second Life expects.  DAZ 3D can export BVH animations for many different things, not just Second LIfe.  The animation upload dialog will reject it otherwise.

There is usually a error message telling you what, exactly, is wrong with the animation file (e.g. if it's too long, or doesn't have the right bones), when it fails to upload.  This is what you need to look for to figure out what the cause of your problem is.  If you don't understand it, you need to post the exact error message so someone that does understand it can help.

If you Google for:

"Daz 3D" "Second Life"

(those quotes are important) you will see several tutorials.  Some are Youtube videos.  You may have luck following along with those, since they will show you exactly what you need to do with the GUI to get a animation that will upload.

• 1 month later...

Hi there:

1) You said you are naming your file "namingmyfile.bvh". Are you typing that in as the name? If you exporting your animation out of Daz it automatically exports as XXX.bvh   Check to make sure your newly saved file is not named XXX.bvh.bvh This may have absolutely nothing to do with why SL is not recognizing it but it was something I noticed and it may not be what you were doing at all (in which case ignore this comment *G*).

2) Did you get an error message? What is SL saying that it won't recognise the bvh? One thing that comes to my mind is length of anim. If it is over 30 secs it will not load (one of the first errors I got when I first started).

3) I recently had a couple of issues getting bvh out of Daz 4 (but mine were hand position problems), however I highly recommend DL'ing BVHacker from http://www.bvhacker.com and running your anims through it before uploading. There is a drop down menu in bvhacker called "hack" that was specifically made for optimizing bvh files for SL before uploading. Very helpful little program. Please donate if you find it useful - I have been a fan of this program for 3 years now and know how much work the creator puts in for free! 

April

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.