llEmail Help

CincinnatiBearcats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I am new to Second Life and I'm trying to learn how to store data from the Statistics Bar.  After researching a little bit, I found that llEmail is probably my best bet.  I have made a script to send myself an email as test, but it says "llEmail: email module not configured".  When I looked that up, it says I need to get into the OpenSim.ini.  How do I do that? Also, do you have any insight how to get the info from the Statistics Bar and have that information sent through llEmail? Thank you in advance!

If you have set your Preferences to forward all IMs to e-mail, then you will receive them when you are off world.  You can also send yourself an e-mail directly by just putting you own e-mail address into the llEmail function call .  E-mail in SL occasionally has problems (although I have rarely had trouble myself), but forwarding IMs always works.

You won't be able to grab information from the statistics bar, however.  There are no LSL functions to allow you to do that.  The best you can do is llGetRegionFPS and llGetRegionTimeDilation

ETA:  If you haven't changed the default setting in Preferences, your IMs should be stored in the roaming directory on your own hard drive. 

• Like 1

@Rolig Loon - It won't let me apply the "Send IM to email ()" probably because I haven't entered an email anywhere.  How can I do that?  Also, if you read above, when I try to put my email address in the llEmail function, it says "  llEmail Test: llEmail: email module not configured".  Is there an easier way to change that without having to go into the OpenSim.ini? 

Thanks for the two functions! At least that's a start.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.