I want to add a group member as an owner to my group.

Dori Lexington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to make a group member an owner of a group I own.  I went into Group Information

then Members & Roles

then selected the name

then checked the owners box and clicked Apply. 

I received the message, You are about to add group members to the role of Owners... Are you sure you want to continue?  I clicked yes but it did not work. 

Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Dori

3 answers to this question

Hello Dori and welcome to SL Forums. Lag is possible to cause this especially when invite someone who is on a different region. Try to send the invitation being face to face with the other resident and from the group's window. Right click on the other avatar --> Invite to group. See if that makes any difference.

Be VERY sure you want to do this.  Owners have full group abilities, including the ability to buy and sell land for the group, and once you make someone an owner, the action can't be undone.  If they add an alt to the group, you won't even be able to delete the group later if you decide you want to.

I have been having this same problem.  

Strangely enough the solution is simple, though, for some reason i didn't think of it till weeks later

Completely remove the person from the group and when you re add them, make sure that you do it directly into the owners group

But yes, be sure you really want to do it.  You cannot remove them from the group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.