Lost faces on the import

Amras Sparta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've tried freezing the transformations, resetting, deleting the history, in all cases with many faces "missed" or relocated on the import, or weird shadowed.

I'm ussing Maya Autodesk 2012 (64 bits), and FBX Collada.

Can anyone tell me I'm doing wrong? I would be very grateful ...I'm almost desperate, all afternoon trying on Aditi....

Maybe the problem is in Aditi?

After many tests...

In the official grid, with Phoenix Viewer, the mesh appears in the preview without a single failure/missing face ... (confirmed).

In the Aditi grid, two out of three previews appear with one or more faces missing, an the other one with any glitch on the texture. (confirmed).

To confirm:

- Upload mesh with Phoenix Viewer on Aditi Grid.

- Upload mesh with Official Viewer on the Agni Grid..

Clutching at straws here....

Could it be inverted normals on the missing faces? (Try camming inside your mesh if possible, and see if you can see the missing faces from there). Or are the missing faces occurring differently each time, at random?

Also, are you using the Phoenix Viewer for uploading with? I was under the impression (I could be wrong here though) that the Phoenix viewer was designed only to allow users to SEE mesh with it. Since it's based on such an old codebase, I had assumed it wasn't ideal (or even possible actually) to upload mesh with - But as I said, I could be entirely wrong here.

If nothing else, I'd recommend using the official V3 viewer for all your mesh uploads at the moment, to help isolate whatever the problem is - on the assumption that it's your mesh which has issues.

:matte-motes-smile:

Amras Sparta wrote:

Missing
faces
are different
with every
reload, and... as curious note... with Phoenix Viewer, I can't see errors during the upload or inworld, but with the latest V3 Viewer, 2/3
attempts of upload shows any face missed.

I recently read your (internet)connection could be causing this, I'm afraid I don't know where exactly, but on these forums. You might want to check your router, cables and connections. Are you using wireless? try a cable and see if it fixes your issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.