who or what is tools-pegasus

Lillith Birdsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting this error code :

[08:39] Tools-Pegasus: Problems Connecting to the database Please Try back later
[08:40] Tools-Pegasus: Problems Connecting to the database Please Try back later
[08:40] Tools-Pegasus: Problems Connecting to the database Please Try back later

what is it for does anyone know please help ...it's driving me crazy

I removed every hud i own and am personally running no scripts so what is it?

UPDATE:  3:46 slt....I removed the firestorm bridge and in fact the whole program from my computer as i normally use only the  SL viewer and the error code has disappeared ...I will keep an eye on the chat for any future info but so far it's working just fine now...Thank You all for the assistance.

6 answers to this question

Hello Lilith and welcome to SL Forums. Someone else reported the same problem yesterday. I have no idea what is wrong. It is totally unknown for me:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Pegasus-Problems-connecting-to-the-database-Please-try-back/qaq-p/1353747

Another one by SLU (today also): http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/technical-help/69020-please-help-why-am-i.html

Not sure this is of any help but Pegasus seems to be a donationware email client. I really don't know how this could be related to these issues unless people getting this message have it installed on their computer and eventually linked their SL to it... :smileyfrustrated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Mail

You should also check your inventory for the LSL Bridge and remove it as well. The SL Viewer doesn't use it but if you go back to Firestorm, having a corrupted LSL Bridge will cause the problem to come back. Just so you know, the error is not specifically caused by the bridge. What happens is that the bridge gets corrupted with a script stuck in its contents sometimes. By throwing away all the copies of the LSL Bridge and letting Firestorm create a new one, you will get rid of the corruption.

tools-pegasus is the name of a module in a specific brand of bed. I can't remember offhand which brand. It gives those errors when the script is unable to connect to their web-based database. I would contact the maker of your bed(s) for more information.

It has nothing to do with viewer bridges - be it Phoenix or Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.