Having log in problems

kwajkid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.  When I try to log in, I get  "requesting region capabilities", it request 3 times and then I get logged in.  But when this happens, I cannot teleport anywhere, the program will crash when I try.

5 answers to this question

I get this message when I am travelling and using poor Internet connections. Unplug from the power your router and plug it back. Then connect to the web to refresh your IP, see if it helps. But it sounds like you are having an unstable connection. You should contact your ISP and have them ckeck your line.

Please note that using the official LL V3 viewer or the latest Firestorm is very demanding from your bandwidth. You may want to give a try to Phoenix and see if you get better performances.

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/downloads.php

While this is an old question, I am recently experiencing the same thing. I am testing my internet and it seems to be fine, I have the latest version of my viewer and yet I am getting the same requesting region capabilities message and an eventual time out. Pretty much the only thing I know for certain is it is my firewall for my wifi router. I had to practically turn it off to allow the connection.

Did I read wifi router? SL gets more demanding as newest versions are released and wifi is very probably the cause for your issues (wireless was never recommended for SL anyway). Use a wired connection such as an ethernet cable. It might very well solve your problems immediately. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.