Help!!

DonnaAmilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello DonnaAmilia and welcome to SL Forums. I don't think so. This laptop is old, released if i am right 3 years ago. In my country you can find it only used. Maybe in low graphics but no good idea to buy laptop for it. If you want a laptop for SL, it is no suggested. The graphics card ( Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with 64MB ) has no dedicated memory. It means with simple words that it "bollows memory" from your RAM. If your RAM was at least 4GB, you would have more possibilities for better performance, although graphics card is so weak. I read some reviews for this card. It gets less than 10fps with low graphics for more than 3D famous 2010-2011 games like Anno2070, Crysis 2, Call of Duty, Dawn of War 2 and other. SL is a very demanding application and you need at least 15 fps in order to run it smoothly.

I'm not going to beat around the bush.  That laptop will not work with SL.  What's more there is no way to upgrade it so that it will work.  You can try downloading a low featured viewer but even then you're going to have so many difficulties with rezzing and crashing that I'd be surprised if you were able to stay connected (or not crash) for more than a few minutes.  There are no expansion slots so you cannot add a discrete video card.......not even the lowest of the low end cards.  You are running a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and that will take every bit of the 2 gigs of system RAM you have installed in it.......and with the 32 bit operating system your computer can only recognize up to 3.5 gigs under the best of circumstances.  You can "fix" that by upgrading to a 64 bit version of Windows 7 but to what end?  You have a dirt cheap computer and it will always be a dirt cheap computer.

The computer is nothing but an email machine with limited graphics.  Many smartphones have more power than that laptop.......an iPad will run circles around it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.