Looking for a Mentor/Tutor in building

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It may be difficult to find an individual mentor/tutor to help teach expand your building skills.  Most of us have so much to do while we are in SL  and so little time that taking on a person to mentor/tutor is usually not an option.  We don't mind answering questions, we just don't have the time to teach formally....or, as in my case, I am a poor educator causing more confusion that not.  However, if you are really interested in raising your skills, some great suggestions have already been made. 

Builders Brewer, Ivory Tower, NCI are some of the best places around to go when first learning to build. Actually, I been building a few years and still go to BB from time to time and learn new things.   BB is a great place and has a wide variety of classes they offer.  Classes are taught by volunteers spending their time and sharing their knowledge with folks.  Please make sure you tip your class presentors. You can check SL Events...narrow by education...should show you a list of current classes and future classes. Also, BB has a great chat group that will help answer questions.  I highly recommend BB.

Also, you can google, SL Building, or, go to Youtube and search SL Building.  You can find  lots and lots of information about SL and various aspects of building from creating prims to mesh just takes a bit of searching and patience.

You have to take the intitiative of what you want to learn and search for that information.  Most of all, building takes patience and practice...lots and lots of practice.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.