Blender bake redering : "warning: <object name> is not an active scultpie"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Folks,

I have done the simple tutorial and it all worked OK now i tried my own!.....

I built a number of objects in a session of Blender 2.49/Jass pub 2.3.8 and all seemed good. Then I tired to bake them, lots of errors of that shown above.

So I tried to bake the individual objects and same message unless i had them in edit mode then it would bake...

There is only 1 UV Texture per object and that is named sculptie

If I start again with just a simple sphere it will bake in object mode as it should.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Is there are a way of correcting the work I have done or do I have to start again (with some check as I build)?

Any help would be very useful

Thanks

Ok folks I have found an answer to the "not a sculptie" problem but now have another

I can now make each sculptie map and it is in the UV Image window but when i revisit the images most have gone black again. I can rebake but it disapears again.

I have used duplicate to make copies of objects can this be the problem?

Anyone with ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, this is how I fixed my issue...on the UV window's toolbar, delete the "Current Datablock Image" (whatever the particular prim's name is) by pressing the "X". Click "Image" and select "New". You shouldn't have to change anything, but I have my width and height set to 1024x1024, Alpha 1.000, and press "OK". (512 x 512 is perfectly fine too.) This will create a new blank Datablock in the UV window. You should be able to re-bake your sculpty mesh at this point and continue on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.