Issue with media_plugin_webkit failing

LucasBelsha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried every fix that i have found, including reinstalling quicktime, and including the program in my virus protection and firewall exceptions. I also tried setting the program to windows 95 compatibility mode as suggested by another person. I am still unable to fix the issue. Please help me out, this is making me slightly frustrated. It wont let me view profiles. Also, the first time i noticed this problem, I also noticed that the viewer no longer has an icon, which i thought was strange.

2 answers to this question

Hello LucasBelsha and welcome to SL Forums. It is a serious problem and my feeling is that we can't suggest a specific answer. If you search about your problem here in SL Forums or with google (media_plugin_webkit second life) you will find dozens of threads with suggestions (other for pc's and other for mac's) and also several jiras (reports of bugs - search without the underlines there) where usually you can read official suggestions by the Lindens. You can try them untill someone else drops in with a better answer. Good luck.

Hmm....how to say this? As far as I've been able to determine.....the SL system is missing some needed updates. So unless you can figure a way out to get them to install the updates....I don't know how anyone is going to be able to work around it.

The message that I've seen come up "inworld" is that the browser used by SL is outdated and has to be updated, the acceptable browsers are Firefox, Google, Safari and one other off the wall browser I haven't heard of before, lol, (I have no idea what browser they are using).

I tried playing media "inworld" but it failed repeatedly....even though I could play them on my computer without a problem.

I do remember seeing a post by SL tech support also stating that they needed to do updates......apparently they haven't gotten around to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.