Huntress Catteneo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has not happened to me atm, but to others around me, and sometimes I am the only one seeing things this way, so I assume it is my viewer most of the time....

More and more often lately someone will login and will have the small female starting body, but everything else as it should be.  Sadly this often happens to a nice well built male av, and they get upset when they realise.  The main thing missing is the shape, or in fact it may be the only thing.

have many others had or seen this, and anyone found something that works consistantly to fix it quick at the time?  I deal with a lot of new people and could really do with a way to help them so they are not put off being in SL.

Does anyone know if it does or does not happen on particular viewers?

This is called 'being Ruthed' after the basic SL avis name Ruth. It happens on all viewers and was much more frequent in the past before LL changed the not-loaded look into this cloud we usually see.

But Ruth is still with us and as far as I know has the same resons in not rezzing parts of the avi. Changing the bald-hairbase, replacing outfit and/or any otehr method commonly used to solve such issues should work. If not then a relog in a empty sim without many other things to rezz is an option.

I think such loading issues are usually caused by a problem with the connection between the viewer and the sim so it is we usually have little influence over. Unless that problem is with the router ones computer is connected to, but then the router simply need to be restarted.

This might fall under the 'bake fail' problem and you should look at the phoenix wiki for their list of solutions about how to fix it. It is a good list and works for all viewers the same.

My partner had to do a character test and for a while afterwards I'd see her in her skin and clothes but with the Ruth shape for a few seconds right after she first rezzed, then then she'd appear in her own shape. What viewer are you using? I find it happens most often when when people aren't running the same viewer. I've always had problems seeing clothes and skin changes by people who run Phoenix - I run Linden Lab viewers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.