Can you give premium membership as a gift?

bobby64122

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

One of my friends asked if I could give them membership to this site.  I havn't been able to find any way too, and I don't like setting it up through their account, because I don't like putting my information where other people could potentially see it.

The first answer didnt' answer my question, is it possible to gift the premium membership?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Well for starters, people can become members of "this site" without having to pay anything.  Basic membership is free and offers all the capabilities as a premium membership.  Once your friend is a basic member, there are ways in which you can provide them linden dollars to help enhance their experience. 

So tell them to join first and go from there.

--Cinn

bobby64122 wrote:

... ... ...

The first answer didnt' answer my question, is it possible to gift the premium membership?

No, it is not possible. A Premium accountd needs add payment info: credit/debit card or PayPal. If you create a Premium account for your friend, you will add YOUR payment info. There is no way for pay yhe account of another person using the SL resources. Of course, you can give the real money to your friend, but that is another topic :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.