How to set the "front" of a bar stool?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello builders!

In building a club recently I've run into a aesthetic snag.

I'm building almost everything in this club from the ground up as an exercise in expanding my own artisting capabilities within the second life program (I just learned about select face texturing. JOY!)

Anyway, My problem is, I have build a very eye-catching bar stool, but I'm having trouble getting it to cooperate. I'm curious as to how I can set the "front" of the bar stool so that the character faces the "right" direction regardless of what direction they approach and sit on the stool from, A bar stool isn't very effective if the patron faces away from the bar or whatever direction every time they left-clik-to-sit.

Is this a scripting issue or is there a settuing I'm missing somewhere during the construction?

I'm building the stool from a torus shape, if that helps.

Just put a sit target in it.  All it takes is a simple script to define the sit target.  Once you have it, you can delete the script and the target will still be there.

default{    state_entry()    {        llSitTarget(<-0.75,0.0,0.0>, llEuler2Rot(<0.0,-PI/2,0.0>));    }}

Because you're using a torus for the seat, the sit target is a little odd, but it will work fine.

The numbers I put in for <x,y,z> are arbitrary, since I don't know the dimensions of your bar stool. You can figure them out by trial and error easily enough.  Change one number at a time until you are sitting at the right height (X) and far enough forward (Z) on the seat.  To make this simple script work, the only things to remember are:

1. Put the script in the stool's seat prim

2. Be sure that the bar seat's LOCAL -X axis points UP and

3. The front of the bar stool is the LOCAL +Z axis .

It helps to have the seat be the stool's root prim and to set the click action for the stool to "Sit on Object".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.