New- just downloaded Second Life and can't log in? It just says "logging in" and nothing happens.

Shir8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried deleting it and downloading again, restarting my computer.. every time I try to log in it just says "logging in" and nothing happens. I've never even used Second Life before, literally my first time trying to log in ever.. About to just forget trying this. (I'm on a macbook pro)

Thanks but I tried going to Smith.. and still stuck logging in :(

2 answers to this question

Hello Shir8 and welcome to SL Forums. We had earlier issues in world with some regions but they have been resolved now. However the region you are trying to log in have still a temporal problem. Try to log in a different region. Protected lands like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere are recommended. If you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith --> Login. See if that makes any difference.

It may be a problem with the viewer.  We had a recent issue where a new install would not allow a resident to accept the terms of service and proceed.  Try installing a third party viewer such as Firestorm.  If you find you can log in with that, you can log out and re-start the regular SL viewer, and see if it works for you.

http://www.phoenixviewer.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.