mesh-supporting viewers in 64-bit linux?

Torako Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i'm running 64-bit debian (if you need more info, i can give it but i'll have to reboot first) and i want a viewer that supports mesh! phoenix, firestorm, and viewer 2 all say i have to use 32-bit linux or else install some stuff, but when i went to install the packages they didn't actually exist... are there any viewers that support mesh that DON'T need me to do that? or what do i need to do to get it working? imprudence works, but it doesn't seem to support mesh... plus, when i start it, it complains about my graphics card even though i know it's just fine (i have the proper drivers installed, and it works in windows) so i don't even know what's up with that... help?

(edited because i can't type, apparently)

edit: i don't think imprudence supports meshes...

1 answer to this question

I'm not at my home machine right now, so I can't really say which are the correct Debian package names offhand; I've had good luck with V3, Imprudence and Singularity using the same environment you are.  I'll try to remember to follow up later.  It is possible, but yeah, you'd think for a Debian shop they wouldn't go with the arbitrary names Ubuntu picked...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.