I can't move or tp but I look normal. Recently updated PC.

Portia Rehula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently updated my computer and now have I7 quad core with 16mb ram and Nvidea video card with 2mb dedicated ram. My connection is at about 6000kbps. But a few seconds after I log on I stop being able to move. I can trun. but not move forward or back or jump.

it was fine with the old slow machine. I think it MUST be a setting of some sort. Any thoughts?

I see someone else having posted the same problem and solving it but using SL Development viewer. I tried that but its exactly the same.

Any help to an increasingly frustrated woman?

Portia

1 answer to this question

The first thing to do is to reboot your router and modem.  Unplug the devices from their electrical source and leave them unplugged for 3 to 5 minutes.  Plug them back in and reboot your computer to re-establish your Internet connection.  That's the simplest "fix" to try before anything else....and, it actually fixes most problems relating to connection (which, by your discription is what you are experiencing).

If that doesn't work then it's likely a firewall setting or configuraion problem.  Assuming you have a router you will have what is called a hardware firewall since routers are a firewall of sorts.  Follow these instructions to help you configure your router:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configuring_your_hardware_firewall

Then there's a software firewall that you likely have installed on your computer.  Some software firewalls tend to see SL as some form of mal-ware and might block it.  Follow these instructions to help you configure your software firewall.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configure_your_software_firewall

I would do one step at a time and try SL before moving to the next step.  It's very unlikely that the problem is caused by more than just one setting/configuration issue.  I always try to start with the most likely problem first which is how I listed what you might try to fix your problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.