The viewer keeps flasing when it comes up.

tyci123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I confirm that there is some sort of bug with something LL recently did to the last two updates. I have asked around but nobody else seems to have the same problem but you and me. What Linux distro are you using? And what is your graphics card? For me the viewer turns completely black and/or flicker if I maximize the window but if it is not maximized it works fine except that the buttons on the bottom cannot be seen and you can't resize the window.

Yeah same thing I have.

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: RS780M/RS780MN [Radeon HD 3200 Graphics]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 5
bus info: pci@0000:01:05.0
version: 00
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=fglrx_pci latency=0
resources: irq:18 memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:5000(size=256) memory:d2400000-d240ffff memory:d2300000-d23fffff

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video chipset and if the problem is still there then go into SL Preferences - Graphics and hit the "Hardware" button. Uncheck the box that says "OpenGL VBO's"

With 3.2.4, Linden Labs completely re-wrote the part of the viewer that communicates with the video card to get used to the old, outdated video calls that had been causing problems with new video cards, especially Nvidia ones. The changes can cause problems with ATI cards now though.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.