Is anyone having trouble purchasing Lindens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last 2 weeks I have been unable to purchas Lindens, it goes through the motuion as normal and then stops, and nothing appears on my screen.  I have never had prboelms like this before and there is money in the bank account , my card is ok too so I really dont know why I cannot buy them any more.

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting Lindens.  There are a couple of things that may be preventing you from making a purchase.

Many banks, including Wells Fargo and Bank of America block transactions for SL as there is a high level of fraud risk here.  I would start by calling your bank to see if those transactions hit the bank and if they did, find out why they failed.  It may not have anything to do with having the funds, just part of their fraud system. Often when you OK these transactions, you will be fine.

The other it to try PayPal.  Not as reliable as your own credit card but good for a back up plan nonetheless.

If the above do not work, I would contact Linden Labs billing and see if they can resolve this.

And the final solution is to find an authorize 3rd party exchange on the SL website where you can buy Lindens there. Please only use authorized exchanges to buy Lindens as many are just plain scams.

Hi, Susie. Yes, I been having a lot of problems buying $L for a good few weeks, now.  

At one time, I could simply top up inworld using my viewer, but that stopped working a good month ago.  Contacted the online help/chat about my problem, but - surprise, surprise - they were truly hopeless, and bleated on about my browser ad nauseum.  Seems the lab still don't like the words 'customer' and 'service'...although 'facebook' and 'social networking' make their hearts beat faster.

I did manage to still be able to buy $L on the SL website, logging into my account there, but even that was a tortuous process, having to log in two times, but eventually I managed to so so.

That said, last time I purchased via the torturous route was couple of weeks ago, and I am gonna need some money soon to pay for my two rentals.  Sad thing is, I would not be surprised in the slightest if the situation is now worse, as your post would seem to indicate; we are dealing with a company that is not exactly a shining example of customer care, when all is said and done.

susie try http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace there are many exchanges you can try you may well find you can get a better L$ rate buying in pounds than dollars where you have to include exchange rates and any other fees. i don't know what the LL L$ rates are like but being uk based i always buy my L$ in pounds from one of the exchanges the current rate on the one i use is L$391/£1 buying with paypal

Same issue here. I have talked to Linden Labs and Paypal, no headway either side. I did manage to purchase $50 USD worth of Lindens through a stroke of luck, but wanted to buy $100. Seems that Linden Labs say it is Paypal, Paypal says that maybe it is something with connection or communication between the links. Tried it inworld and got nothing there as well. Tried different browsers too. Maybe it depends on the time of day? I did manage some months ago to purchase some after one failed attempt during the day. Still very curious.

I have an account that has Paypal established to it, and haven't had a problem in years. I got an email yesterday saying that they couldn't migrate my billing information to thier new system so I would need to reenter it. To make sure it wasn't a scammer I went to the site direct instead of through the email, and it did appear that the PayPal was missing. So i reentered it. Today I tried SEVERAL times to make Linden purcases, and everytime it would crash out saying it was cancelled.

I spoke to a person with LL, who said that it was a recent and known bug as of Thursday and they were working on it. I am adding this information here in the hope that any updates will also be added here. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.