Visibility question

Ullage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently had another (besides myself) avatar appear on my Map.  It did not appear on my mini map.  It did not appear in avatar search.  Is that a glitch of some sort?  The Map indicated 2 avatars on the sim at the time which would be myself and the other avatar.  Also, I see that there is a selection for -allow others to see and chat with you- in the about land options.  If unchecked, does that make the avatar invisible on maps? because sometimes I see avatars show up on the big map but not on the minimap on their own property within my sim.  If so, can they be invisible on my property?  (I hope not because that disturbs me somehow..)

And, while I am asking, what does phantom do?  and would that allow an avatar to be on my parcel and be invisible?

If someone is invisible on my property, how can I report them?  I could find no way to identify them.

Thanks for all help! :)

2 answers to this question

Often it does happen that the world map does not update quite as quickly as it should, so even if there are green dots indicating the presence of avatars on a sim, if they are not on your mini map also, they are not there. 

If an avatar makes themselves invisible, always you can see their name tag, and they will show up anyway on any radar device you may be using. Therefore, it is not possible for someone to be truly invisible to someone else.

The "phantom" feature just makes your own avatar seem not to be a solid object to anyone who might wish to try and walk through you.  A handy tool in busy areas where you don't wish to be jostled.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.