Things to Help Commerce

iOthman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some suggetions I think that can boost transactions on SL:

- Having a web based Inbox system where messages are saved instead of notecards that get lost or ignored.

- The ability for users to add multiple items to a wishlist that others can see and have the option to add a gift (from the person's wishlist) when sending a web based message

Some good ideas and in fact they used to have a whist's before they launched the new MP. Would be nice to have that back for sure but at present, they can't even get delivery to work so I don't see this anytime soon.

As for the inbox idea, that is a good idea too but moreover, if they integrated the features already in place between the SL Account interface, transaction records, the forums, MySecond Life directories and Feeds they would really be on to something.

Right now we have about 20 communications and reporting systems and of them, none are fully integrated.  Perhaps Philip could have some of his Burkenstock wearing, caffeinated power groups do this but I am sure they can't manage something like this from their Airbooks in a coffee houses.

Another great idea would be to follow Rod's new directive to involve the community more but that went away quickly.  What they could do would be ask we merchants what we thought would work since we, not they are the ones using these systems.

wish lists are a very important revenu booster.. I think a wishlist feature can boost sales by at least 50%, there are birthdays, anniversaries, dates, special occasions every single day but it would help if people know what the other person wants instead of guessing or not bother at all :)

iOthman wrote:

Some suggetions I think that can boost transactions on SL:

- Having a web based Inbox system where messages are saved instead of notecards that get lost or ignored.

- The ability for users to add multiple items to a wishlist that others can see and have the option to add a gift (from the person's wishlist) when sending a web based message

Web based inbox?  Set IM's to email and use a web based client for your email.  There that's fixed, no development needed and a much simpler solution all round.

What would help merchants would be to send IM's to email and actually read and... wait for it...reply to those emails.

Many people don't know that messages get capped and there's no excuse for missing them if..yes IF you've done all that you can to avoid missing them.

You're right though, notecards are like sending postcards and I haven't done that for years.  Email..it's the future!

Kerhop Seattle wrote:

Sounds a lot like the direct-message feature mentioned in this article...

Well that's just little use at all.  Why?  here's why...

"If you are not logged-in to SL at the time a DM is sent, notification is only received by your Web Profile in the form of a numbered icon appearing in the Inbox tab (see right)."

So whereas with IM's to email, they arrive nicely in a logical place, my email, or when I log in they're in my IM's.  Now there's a WEB ONLY view that we're supposed to know to check when there's no notification in the viewer?

Ridiculous feature that has done nothing to integrate inworld.  Now if it were to guarantee delivery INWORLD when I log in and not be capped, then it would have my attention.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.