Vendor contact information

CoyotePrime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I agree that contacting the venodr is always the best soultion to a problem, but how does one locate contact information?My example is with Tartessos Arts, from which we've happily purchased a number of items. One such was a TS Sawadee bed,which we loved for its appearance and functionality. After a week it broke, diving a dialog of "script run-time error"Stack-Heap Colision". I don't have the slightest clue what this means. After trying to locate vendor information unsuccessfully I just bought another of the exact same bed, each costing $L 1200. Now the second bed had failed in the same exact manner, and I''m not at all pleased. Please advise how to contact this vendor to fix this problem, or replace this item with another. Many thanks for your time with this.

Coyote Prime

CoyotePrime wrote:

After trying to locate vendor information unsuccessfully...

You couldn't find who to contact? The name of the seller is on SLM here. Or did they not respond to IM/ Note? Does their profile give contact preferences?

Stack heap collision is a script running out of memory. Resetting the script will fix it temporarily, but it's happening because the script is trying to store or process more data than it has room for. In the case of furniture, it's probably trying to make a list of all the poses inside which is more than it can handle. Ideally the script needs to be changed, or you might be able to manage a quick fix by removing some of the poses until it will run without crashing (if this is the cause of the crash).

But yes it should be the creators problem, not yours.

Thanks very much for the reply, Zanara. I'll try to find the vendor info in SLM. As far as removing script content I'm hopelessly ignorant, and would almost certainly ruin it. Ultimately, though, I do think it's the vendors responsibility, and will try to find them and resolve it satisfactorily. Many thanks for your kind reply.

OK...

How to stalk an SLM merchant.

Search the shop name under the "merchants/stores" tab and you get the owner name. (Alternatively you could check your purchase history). While you're there you could see if there's any store policy filled in which might give you some info. (There's not in this case.)

Also make note the age of the merchant, whether most of the reviews have text, and whether listings have features filled in - if not this could mean that the listings haven't been touched since the migration from xstreet to SLM, and that the owner is long afk, but not necessarily. If you're feeling clever you can also check the page source for keywords - that's also a post-SLM thing.)

Then go inworld and type the merchant name into search to find profile. See if there's any stated preference for IM or notecard contact there. If there is, do as instructed; if not, send both, Give the date and other details of purchase (from your SLM history or your SL transactions if <30 days ago).

While you're there you can do a bit more forensic work. Check picks to see if store locations are there. Note if land is current or "no parcel". TP to check if you like, to see if the business is still running. See if any other people are listed as business contacts. Check the merchant's groups and see if there's one for their business. Join it if you can and ask around. If not look in the group info to see who the owners and officers of the group are. If you get no result from the merchant you could try IMing one of these other people.

If you find no signs of life, have a look through their public groups and see if there are any with open joining. If so, join one. Look for the merchant's name in the members list and it will tell you when they last logged in to SL. From this you can work out if you're SOL or stand a chance of finding someone to help you.

GL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.