Mesh Physics not working properly on prim setting

JoseIST McMahon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to create the frame around a door, nothing works properly with the physics however. I've tried all detail settings, they all look exactly the same and look correct in the previeew, but when I load the mesh into the world, change it to prim, and try wllking through the door frame it acts as if it's a convex hull. I've also tried importing a custom shape I made from a file, and that doesn't work properly at all. The model is a simplified version of the door frame, but it always loads in as a bounding box around the whole frame that doesn't look anything like the actual model I created.

I've tried searching around, and the answer is always "set it to prim" which is not the issue with this.

Make sure your rotation and scale are correct, but going by your description you already did that. I had the very same thing two days ago. Nothing wrong with my physical model, showed correct in the uploader, but was closed inworld. If I'm not mistaken "analyze" showed the closed thing aswell, very strange. I do not know what caused it, but I do know that when I made a new physical shape from scratch, rather than copying a quad from one of the lods and building it from that, it worked. A doorframe isn't that hard to make, so I'd try a fresh physical shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.