Classfied Listings Confusion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My club I manage has recently shifted down quite a few places in the Classifieds Listings, and now is like halfway down the 3rd page, and I want to do more promotion and marketting of it and bump it up again.  I have never placed the Classifieds myself - so I don't know how it all works.  I found the wiki to be unhelpful - I am on an older Phoenix Viewer 1.5.1.373 (don't know if that makes a difference).

Is it traffic driven?  Or cash driven?  And if so - how do I find out how much we would have to pay, to have us in the sidebar of "Top Paid classifieds"?

I can't check with anyone, as they are away at the moment.  So I thought I'd come to you guys.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  :o)

The more you pay for an ad, the higher your placement in the listing will be.  If you want to be in the "top" classifieds, it will cost you a lot of L's.  All you need to do is look at how much people paid for these ads and pay as much if not more.  Right now to be on the first page of the overall classifieds on the web, you'll need to pay more than 80,001L.  To be in the top five, more than 201,000L. 

That being said, no matter how much you pay, there is no guarantee you'll stay there.  Anyone can come along at any time and pay more than you did for your ad, knocking you out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.