Free Video Editing Software?

Sixx Yangtz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I was looking a few months ago I tried most all the free ones -- at least the ones I could find and I am a pretty good searcher. I wasn't impressed with any of them. I ended up buying a usage package of 19 programs (most I will never use) for $57 or something for the life of my (happily new) computer. I know we aren't supposed to recommend things on the ANSWERS forum so assume that may be true here. If you can't find the one I am talking about (I think it is fairly unique so you may already have seen it), just IM me in world.

The good news is that it does a lot and is cheap. The compression is much better than Windows Movie Maker and there are tons more choices. The bad news is that documentation is lacking big time and learning the process is a bit like navigating an adventure game. But, eventually all becomes clear. There are other video software programs in that same price range and of course in the four figure area too. Try all the demos you can and find one that fits your needs.

Good luck on your search.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.