unable to connect to the grid

roger Darmoset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

[Resolved 6:54am PST, 13 November 2011] All residents should be able to log in again.

[POSTED 6:19am PST, 13 November 2011] Some Residents may be unable to login currently. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. Please keep an eye on this blog for updates.

I was able to log in this morning. After i added one group i was logged out and i have not been able to log back in since then.

I tried to log into different areas and then turn off the group titles in the settings. I'm still getting the error.

I was able to drop the latest group that I added from my mobile app.

I cleared the cache both browser and application but still not joy.

I will continue to work on the problem. I'll double check all of the suggestions and see if I have overlooked some issue.  I was able to log in this morning and after I added the education group. It logged me out.

2 answers to this question

More often than not, they post that things have been fixed which actully means working on it. 

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2011/11/13/post1473/

They still have regions offline so you may want to try to log into another region and try.

After I realized you said new group added, there is also some issues with ASCII in group titles that is being worked on as well.  If you cannot get logged in, see if someone can drop you from your group abd try logging in.

Hello roger and welcome to SL Forums. Have a look here: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2011/11/12/post1458/ Maybe the region you are trying to log in has a temporal problem. Try to log in a different region. Protected lands like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere are recommended. If you still you can't log in and you get the error message "unable to connect to a simulator" maybe the problem is relative with invalid characters in your group tag (title). If so, you will fix your profile if you remove or change your group tag. At first disable Group Titles in your log in screen under your Preferences --> General tab and try to log in again. If the problem remains,  log in with your alt and try to find the owner of the group or a manager (assuming that you remember which group it is, explain who are you and ask them to eject you of the group (your main account). Post back here editing your post (Options --> Edit) leting us know if you resolved your problem or you need more help. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.