Updating Windlight Settings For Viewer 3.2

Roxana Mavros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm baffled as to how to set my Windlight settings for my avatars appearance in Second Life 3.2.0 Beta Viewer. Having moved up from the 2.0 series, I found the beta format for adjusting colours is not the same as my previous viewer (now a colour picker). For example:

In my previous instructions to set Avi Light Settings I did this:

(4) On the Atmosphere Tab Change the settings to:    

*Blue Horizon:         R:0.12         G:0.12         B:0.16         I:0.16    

*Haze Horizon: 0.09     *Blue Density:             R: 0.32         G: 0.59         B: 1.00         I: 1:00    

*Haze Density: 0.65     *Density Multiplier: 0.18     *Distance Multiplier: 2.0     *Max Altitude: 188

(5) Under the Lighting Tab change the settings to:     *Sun/Moon Color: R, G, B & I all to 0.86    

*Sun/Moon Position: 0.0     *Ambient:         R:0.67         G:0.64         B:0.63         I:0.67-0.70     *East Angle: 0.16     *Sun Glow:         Focus: 0.10         Size 1.75     *Scene Gamma: 1.08     *Star Brightness:  0.00

4) Under the Clouds Tab change the settings to:     *Cloud Coverage:    0.13

In the 3.2 Viewer, it calls up the colour picker and in addition to RGB, I would need the hue, saturation and luninosity. What should I be setting the hue, saturation and luminosity to in order to achieve the same settings?

Any ideas?

Roxi

1 answer to this question

I personally HATE HATE HATE the new Windlight *wink*. My suggestion would be to go back to an old viewer, make your Windlight settings, find them on your harddrive with a search and copy them over into 3.   

Sorry, chuckling here. There are quite a few good things about V3 (I just installed the beta as have major Firestorm issues since a Windows update) but WINDLIGHT is NOT one of them. Happily, copying over your old settings is very easy once you find where they are stored. 

Good luck.

EDIT: The word is that LL is completely (that should be in caps) changing the interface fairly soon. For better or worse we do not know, so getting to attached will most likely not be a good thing :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.