Windows and MAC updates and Firestorm Issues

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is more of an information post than a question, but if anyone hears of an answer I would be thrilled to know.

Both Windows and MAC had autoupdates on Wednesday eve (maybe earlier if you actually turn off your computer during the day *wink*). This seems to have caused some major problem with some folks using Firestorm 2 or 3. I can attest to constant freezing, loading symbols, "viewer not responding" messages and an odd go to black screen and then back to white again and eventually crashing with a closing of the task manager needed. This happened to me when TPing a lot, not sure if you are OK just standing still.

After about five hours of dealing with this, I tried an old 1x viewer with no issues doing the exact same teleports. I checked with the Phoenix inworld group and found others posting the same problems, including those with MACs. I have Win 7 64 bit.   Anyway, I tested a lot of other viewers yesterday and they all worked fine except for Firestorm (the one I use used all the time). 

This morning I got the idea to repeat those same teleports with the LSL Bridge disabled (an automatic attachment in FS). I got through the whole list with no issues. The minute I connected the bridge, and indeed on further testing with the bridge on later -- I got the same freezing, white and black screen scenario from yesterday. Edit: Note that disabling the bridge plays havoc with many features in the viewer so this is NOT  a fix, just an indication of where the problem may be.

So, since I have been way too busy to watch this board I wanted to post this in case folks came here looking for answers. So far no word from the FS group or any posts on the website. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. Again, I don't know how many folks this is a problem for, but from the comments yesterday in group, I do know I am not alone.

Take care.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.