Super new to Second life

dubstepwarrior

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can always start with this forum and read job posting though its a fairly small percentage of in world jobs are posted here.

There are many ways to make Lindens in SL but as a beginner, it is a little taxing as most want someone who knows how to work with the system before they hire you.

One idea is to Host in a club.  It's fairly easy job but requires some technical know how.  My suggestion is to take this time and network, go to clubs, get to know others and in time you will find your groove.

You may also want to consider starting your own business but then again, you need a bit more background and some patience while you learn SL.

Best of luck and welcome to SL.

Hi,

Maybe try this place: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Hellas/114/189/50

Its an ancient Macedonia Greek sim. We have a King & soon to be Queen. I am the High Priestess & I run the Temple. We do have a great army, prison, theater & tavern in which we RP. One of my priestesses is the Oracle of Delphi. I am also trying to get women together for the new roles of Hetaera (earn money). I would also like to find someone to be an events planner, I would be willing to pay a salary for that.

Come for a visit. I am there most every day & would love to show you around & help you learn about our growing community. IM me (the IM's come through to my email) for an appointment or just to talk.

May blessings heap themselves upon you!

High Priestess, Jeanie Feiri 

• 2 weeks later...

Some advice about club jobs (II have expertise in this market only or I would comment on all):

Unsure your SL age, but quality businesses will not hire anyone under 30 days old or more, depending on the venue.  Use this time to gain experience in your desired field; if you want to work in a club, hang out at clubs and pay attention to how things run and what the staff does there. There are many job sites in SL where employers list the jobs they need filled. Just search places for keyworks like "jobs" or "employment."  But again, you need to understand and know how to best do a certain job.  There are schools in SL but I think they are nothing without experience.  Some jobs, like DJ, you need much more than exp (a stream, dj program like SAM, large playlist of mp3s and a way to easily and quickly d/l other songs upon request, and most important - a fun personaily that keep guests entertained). Another idea is to try out the job at a new or low traffic venue to ease into a position slowly.  You can even research what SL jobs entail on sites like Wiki.  Hope this helps and good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.